According to Forbes,LinkedIn is the #1 networking site for professionals. Here are a few tips for improving your LinkedIn profile – particularly useful if you are job searching.
- Complete your profile. Executives like to see detailed descriptions of your work experience, education, a photo and even volunteer experience, to get a comprehensive picture. Your profile is a chance to further explain the skills and experience that might not be immediately apparent from a resume.
- Post updates and share articles. If you share something just once a week, LinkedIn has found you are 10 times more likely to have your profile viewed.
- Add visual content. LinkedIn now allows professionals to showcase achievements through pictures, videos and presentations, so take advantage of this.
- Make your profile public. LinkedIn gives you the option of having a public or a private profile. A public profile provides a greater chance for people to find you for possible opportunities!
- Never send a standard invitation. You can edit the automated LinkedIn invitation to make it more personable. It also makes you stand out!
LinkedIn can be a valuable tool for those who are looking for new opportunities. By taking just a few minutes a day to fully utilize it, you can give yourself the edge.