Originally appeared on Joyce Bosc Linkedin on June 2, 2021
I’ve learned that if I want to be innovative and forward thinking, then reading blogs is part of that process. Yes, making time for continuous learning can be a challenge, but it’s worth it. You’ll discover a wealth of new ideas and perspectives.
You’ll soon see a positive impact on your GovCon business – and you may learn something that your competitors haven’t yet discovered!
Most of today’s GovCon blogs have been around for a while and are filled with incredibly valuable content. Written by experienced and articulate professionals, they aim to inform their audience and help them achieve their goals.
Here are the seven blogs we read and recommend (in alphabetical order):
- GovCon Examiner: a resource for up-to-date analysis on the latest legal developments in government contracting and small business procurement.
- GovCon Giants: dedicated to showcasing the scalability of growing a business by harnessing the power of federal dollars. Meet some of the world’s greatest masterminds behind the trillion-dollar behemoth.
- Government Contracting Blog: the blog of the Government Contractors Association, Inc. (GCA), a national trade association comprised of commercial contractors (small and large companies) and government agencies (federal agencies, state agencies, local agencies, government staff, universities, non-profits, etc.).
- Government Contracts Insights: Morrison & Foerster’s Government Contract Insightsprovides in-depth analysis of developments and trends impacting government contracting. Through Insights, their attorneys offer a real-time assessment of the statutory, regulatory, legal, and business-related developments and trends that are shaping the industry.
- Holland & Knight Government Contracts Blog: featuring news, observations and analysis related to government contracting, this blog tackles not only the “hot” topics receiving widespread attention within the government contracting community, but some lesser-known topics or unique perspectives of interest to readers.
- SmallGovCon: a blog providing legal news, notes and commentary of interest to small government contractors. Primary coverage includes the size appeal decisions of the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Office of Hearings and Appeals (known as SBA OHA) and the U.S. Government Accountability Office’s bid protest decisions.
- The GovCon Review: features people who are winning government contracts and changing the GovCon landscape. The blogs explain policies contractors need to understand, with dates of key events and policy changes. They also introduce GovCon experts who can help contractors win, providing insights on how GovCon players are succeeding.
Did your favorite GovCon blog make the list? Are you considering launching your own blog? I’d love to know!