. According to Hubspot
, one third of all online activity is watching videos
. This online video creation tool turns your images and text into a short video. It’s an easy-to-use resource for quick-hit social media clips.
2. Pixabay 2.0. Amazingly, this site provides over 800,000 images, graphics and videos that are free and (almost all) free of copyrights. While we generally advise against the use of free stock images for longer-term marketing pieces such as company websites and collateral, for social media, free image sites such as Pixabay have a lot to offer.
3. Snaplytics. If you’ve taken the plunge into Snapchat, you know that the platform does not provide native analytics. Snapalytics will collect the metrics you need – for your own snaps and those of your influencers – in an inviting dashboard view.
4. Respond by Buffer. Increasingly, customers are turning to social media for customer support. In larger organizations, incoming requests or comments may need to be routed to the right person to respond – quickly! This “team InBox” puts all Facebook and Twitter mentions in one place, allowing you to post internal notes and assign conversations to the right colleague for next steps.
5. Quuu. With its team of human (not robot) curators, this service fills your Buffer queue with content from 300+ categories. Select what you like, tweak and publish to your social media accounts through Buffer.
2 BONUS TIPS – if you don’t use Buffer to schedule your posts but still want help pulling together content ideas, one of these tools might work for you:
- Panda 5: link this news-reading app to your Twitter account for a recommended list of feeds based on who you follow on Twitter
- Waaffle: connect this social media monitoring tool to your Twitter and/or Instagram account to aggregate and monitor social media posts with your favorite hashtags
Please let me know what you think of these new tools. I hope they help you with your 2017 social media presence!
If you’re looking for support with your social media, please contact us. We’re always happy to help!