**IMMEDIATE OPENING FOR PAID PART-TIME INTERNSHIP**
Important: Please do not apply unless you’re willing to take both a proofreading and social media test upon submitting your application. Those who apply but do not take and pass both tests will not be considered.
This internship with a boutique communications agency near D.C. will provide professional experience in several phases of public relations, marketing and social media. Our program has been successful for 40+ years. Students will become familiar with agency services, learn how an agency operates, and participate in agency and client tasks. Interns are an integral part of our team and will participate in many aspects of operations and client service.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Support PR team by preparing materials for meetings and presentations to ensure 100% preparedness, quality and accuracy.
- Create and maintain media lists, editorial calendars, press reports and briefing papers for PR clients.
- Distribute press releases to media lists.
- Support Boscobel’s social media presence on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Proofread internal team and client documents for 100% accuracy and outstanding quality.
- Perform research tasks as necessary for all clients and the agency.
- Be willing and eager to listen, learn and be resourceful at all times.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have social media experience. Please provide links to any channels you are managing.
- Must be able to proofread to AP Style
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be proactive and a self-starter
- Must be willing to be trained on various software and tools, including Airtable, Constant Contact, Hootsuite, Adobe InDesign and WordPress.
- Position will require putting in approximately 15-20 hours per week, ideally working onsite at least one day per week.
- Must be able to start training immediately.
- All candidates must take and pass the social media assessment when prompted after submitting their application. This test will also be sent via email through Indeed.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, include your location and links to your social media profiles and any social channels you may be managing for school or extracurricular activities.
Candidates must pass two AP Style proofreading tests and pass a social media test to be considered.
Applicants must be available at least 15 hours per week and possess excellent proofreading, communication and multi-tasking skills.
Boscobel is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer.