This internship will provide professional experience in many phases of public relations, marketing and social media. Through the program, the student will become familiar with agency services, learn how an agency operates, and participate in and perform tasks for both the agency and its clients. Responsibilities will include writing, editing, conducting research, compiling media lists and editorial calendars, and other various public relations, marketing and business development tasks. The internship is available for school credit.
Interns are an integral part of the account team and participate in many aspects of office operations and client service. An overview of the position’s responsibilities is provided below, although other duties may be required as necessary.
- Support the Boscobel team with account coordination, research and execution to ensure outstanding client service at all times.
- Support agency staff with daily operations for the office to ensure it runs seamlessly and efficiently, including mail distribution, filing and photocopying, maintenance of agency sample files, registration, and travel and accommodation arrangements for employees.
- Support agency staff with preparation of materials for meetings and presentations to ensure 100 percent preparedness, quality and accuracy.
- Create and maintain media lists, editorial calendars and ROI reports for PR clients.
- Draft or review agency’s marketing Executive Tips and participate in the dissemination and follow-up process.
- Support Boscobel’s social media presence.
- Use CMS tools to add to and update the agency website.
- Maintain agency calendar and contact database.
- Support agency staff with Boscobel PR.
- Maintain agency and press coverage.
- Proofread Boscobel and client documents, ensuring 100 percent accuracy and outstanding quality.
- Support agency’s business development process with research, input, proofreading, binding and other tasks.
- Assist agency staff with production and fulfillment of campaigns.
- Perform research tasks as necessary for all clients and the agency.
- Be willing to listen, learn and be resourceful at all times!
Applicants must be available at least 16-20 hours per week and possess excellent proofreading, communication and multi-tasking skills.
Boscobel is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer.